The Carriage Inn B & B is open to serve you!
Your SAFETY AND HEALTH are our PRIMARY CONCERN as we welcome guests! Here is how the COVID-19 virus has changed how we are currently doing business.
By Executive Order, The Governor of West Virginia has made WEARING A FACE COVERING MANDATORY in all public buildings. This means when you enter the Inn, when you are not seated at your table at breakfast, when you are moving about inside the Inn, and when you are leaving your room for any purpose, you are REQUIRED BY THIS ORDER to wear a face covering. If 80% of people wear face coverings, the spread of Covid-19 is reduced to -11%. Love one another, and wear a face covering when you cannot maintain social distance of 6+ feet. Enjoy breakfast, obviously, without a face covering!
We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and want to make you aware of the extra precautionary steps we are taking in light of the current situation:
- ALL of our rooms are available to guests! The maximum number of guests per night will be MUCH SMALLER than at a big hotel! This allow us to keep on top of making things safe for every guest! We are strongly promoting social distancing, washing hands & use of hand sanitizers, and the wearing protective face coverings by guests is now REQUIRED by Executive Order of the Governor. Of course, we will be wearing them!
- Hand sanitizer is available as soon as you enter the Inn & other public locations.
- If you have been exposed to anyone tested and diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, OR you are sick or experiencing symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, diarrhea) we ask you to please delay your stay with us. Anyone arriving with symptoms is forbidden to enter the building by WV State Department of Health rules.
- All towels and sheets are washed in high temperature water (195-degrees). In addition to our high-level standards for sanitization and cleanliness, we are consistently cleaning & sanitizing high-use surfaces such as door handles, door bells, keys, our credit card processor (which is now NO SIGNATURE capable), and counters in public spaces.
- Our wonderful afternoon snacks are individually wrapped for each room and available on the dining room table for you to pick up.
- Breakfast times will be selected at check in. Breakfast is served at 8 am, 8:45 am, and 9:30 am. We will have only 4 people in the Dining Room at a time. "Breakfast for Two or Four Traveling Together" will be available in the Parlor as well. Luxury suites will be served breakfast to their doors or on their porch or patio, depending on the weather. Silverware will be wrapped in a cloth napkin to preserve their sanitized condition until used by our guests. Coffee and teas, sodas, juices and filtered water are available as self-serve items.
- We are providing hand-sanitizer in the entry area of the Inn, on the second floor landing, and in the Dining Room where you get your coffee and tea. Bar soap and water (of course) is available in all bathrooms for 20-second hand washing.
- Everything is NOW OPEN at Harpers Ferry National Historical Park with bathrooms available in Harpers Ferry. Shuttle buses are operating from The Visitors Center to the town of Harpers Ferry. The Visitors Center building is closed.
- At Antietam National Battlefield Park all Park trails and roads are OPEN. Restrooms are available. Rangers are available at an outdoor tent and The Book Store is open. The Park Visitors Center is closed at this time. Online videos on the park's website offer a virtual tour of the battlefield which is great preparation for your in-person visit!
- Most of our great area restaurants are open for dining room service at 50% capacity. Some offer outdoor dining. Reservations are required. Most continue to offer takeout/takeaway and delivery.
- If you book directly with us, either through our website, or over the phone, we will permit last minute cancellations without fee or penalty. Just call us!
As always, stay safe and be smart. We look forward to welcoming you SOON!